Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chicken Soup 鸡汤

Speaking of chicken soup, I totally admire how ancient Chinese developed a whole theory of delicious soup that is not only good for you soul, but your body as well.

M, my fellow teachers, was suffering from cold last week, which reminds me my earlier teaching years in the kindergarten and elementary schools. Being sick is like "piece of cake" in those extremely, dangerously infectious environments. For 2 years, I usually caught any viruses or flu once or twice a month until I found an effective way to prevent it. If you've been to a kindergarten during the flu season, one thing interesting (but definitely not fun) is to see the teacher send the powder cold medicine or cough syrup down to each kid's mouth lining up in front of the lockers... The picture look like the mother bird feeds the baby birds food, but, instead, medicine...

No comments: