Tuesday, February 26, 2008

UCLA Confucius Institue

October 4, 2007 (old blog entry)

Today is my momentum.

After completing 2 phone interviews this morning, I got a physcial interview at a language school in Beverly Hills tomorow. And later when I was preparing for lunch, I got a very late reply from San Francisco State University regarding my request about 3 months ago.

The good news is, Confucius Institute is recently open at UCLA, which is only about a 20-minute bus ride from my place. If I ever consider pursing a Chinese teaching credential, that will be a good place to go. The 1st Confucius institute was open in Soul, Korea in 2004. Within 3 years, the Chinese Language office has promoted up to 120 institute around the world. Even though I’m from Taiwan, and always a strong advocate of traditional characters, I’m afraid that Taiwanese government has lost the battle of promoting Traditional character in this movement.

Filed in Job Searching, Mandarin Teaching No Comments »

No comments: