Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have 3 students now!

May 13, 2005 (reposted from my old blog)

I can’t believe this kind of good thing will happen to me.

After posting my ad for teaching Mandarin on http://www.craigslist.org/ for almost 3 weeks, now I’ve got 3 students. Practically, all my Monday through Friday afternoon schedule are booked in June.

Isn’t that wonderful?

At least, I won’t be BORED after graduation and be able to make some U.S. cash in June (if it goes well, I can make about $1,000 in June, just enough to survive here…). Then I can focus on finding a full-time job b/4 I have to return to Taiwan to finalize my divorce after July 5th.

The fotuneteller was right. Forget about public schools. I’ll be better off serving in private business. My goal right now is to find a full-time job teaching either ESL or Mandarin anywhere in California (IF I can find one). Or as my career counselor advised me before, I should try to find a teaching position in some big companies (such as Google, Microsoft, GM– whatever Co. who has the close business relationship with China now…). They must have the education center which provide some Mandarin classes for the employee working in China.

Filed in Job Searching, Mandarin Teaching No Comments »

No comments: